Welcome to our Journey into Parenthood!

We're so excited to share our baby blog with our family and friends! Enjoy as we record and treasure this journey... as we learn and prepare for the life changing, most thrilling, rewarding and emotional experience in our lives...our journey into parenthood. Hugs and Smooches, A & C & Baby Scerbs


January 29, 2010

1st appointment...

So Dr. H got me in to see my OB/GYN the very next day after the announcement (today).
I was both nervous and happy and then the excitement totally took over and I teared up when I saw my baby for the first time. Hubby and I were so amazed at what the monitor of my first u/s was showing; there was our little baby, the size of a raspberry all curled up measuring 1.82 cm at 8w 2d and an EDD for 9/12/10. We were able to hear the heartbeat too, and it was the most wonderful sound in the world! Baby is growing just fine!


Right after we were done, Dr. R handed me a bag of goodies; magazines, checklists, educational info etc…and informed me more blood work needed to be done. Ahhh did I ever mention how terrified I am of needles? Well, this was the very first time I felt so excited and willing to be poked with needles where-ever it needed be done!

Left Dr. R’s office and straight to the Lab, where 7, yes SEVEN tubes were filled with drawn blood from my beautiful, thick, juicy veins as the tech refered to them. I always get the “you’ll be fine, you have the most beautiful thick veins my darling, it will be quick” Well 7 tubes weren’t filled in a blink of an eye… it felt like forever.

Then off to tell the familia....

And then the wait for the test results…two weeks later.

No comments:

Post a Comment