Welcome to our Journey into Parenthood!

We're so excited to share our baby blog with our family and friends! Enjoy as we record and treasure this journey... as we learn and prepare for the life changing, most thrilling, rewarding and emotional experience in our lives...our journey into parenthood. Hugs and Smooches, A & C & Baby Scerbs


January 29, 2010

Telling the familia

The in-laws...
So of course it would kill my hubby not to tell his parents right away that we're expecting their first grandchild. I was leaning more towards to announcing the news on the 12wk mark, where any possibilites of danger (if any) would be less probable. But right after our first u/s (8wks 2d), seeing our little peanut and hearing its heartbeat (the most wonderful sound in the world!) just flushed both of us with excitement so we decided to tell then right away. We gave them the news by showing them the picture of my first u/s where our little peanut measured 1.82cm.


My parents...
Though we are a few hundred miles away from each other, we do speak very often. Since it is common that they both want to talk to me at the same time over speaker phone, I used that for the benefit of the good news. I blurted it out!

My father's reaction was the best. He actually screamed over the phone and when I told my sister she burst into tears!

The in-laws were much more relaxed in their reaction, but still very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment