Welcome to our Journey into Parenthood!

We're so excited to share our baby blog with our family and friends! Enjoy as we record and treasure this journey... as we learn and prepare for the life changing, most thrilling, rewarding and emotional experience in our lives...our journey into parenthood. Hugs and Smooches, A & C & Baby Scerbs


May 5, 2010

Mommy to-be Quiz at 22 weeks!

• How far along? 22 Weeks! Kind of confused at this moment since Monday Dr R confirmed I was 24wks but due date doesn't change...hmmm

Total weight gain/loss: Total of 10, not bad at all for being halfway through and it's is all belly =)

Maternity clothes: Got a few more summer dresses (non-maternity) and pretty excited that I can find some and still fit in them...lol

Stretch marks: None...lucky me? Must be my mother's genes =)

• Sleep: Sleeping like a baby. It varies week to week though.

• Best moment this week: There were many best moments this week;  Thursday-we found out baby's gender...Baby Scerbo is a Boy! Same day Hubby and I celebrated our 3rd year of wedded bliss with a nice dinner at Ruth Chris Steakhouse, Monday we ordered baby Scerbo's furniture and this week I felt first outside movement (I could see baby's kick through my skin) amazing!!

Movement: Lots! Baby is kicking tons!

Food cravings: Mangos! Can't have enough of them.

Gender: Baby Boy!!
Labor signs: None...Thank the lord...not even close...129 days to go!

Belly button in or out? Still in...don't know if it still looks like a belly but more like a button..lol

• What I miss: A Peach Martini....joke!

What I am looking forward to: Our Babymoon =)

Weekly Wisdom: champagne cravings can be forgotten with some sparkling grapefruit juice or a cranberry sparkler (cranberry and 7Up)

Milestones: 22 Week Mark!! 18 weeks, 129 days to delivery!

What is the baby up to? At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, my baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. His face is fully formed. There's fine hair (lanugo) covering his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily. Baby is also starting to settle into slepp cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day...wow! It's not hard at all to figure out when since I pay close attention to the kicks as they start and stop.

Also, I guess I should watch what I say -- studies show that my baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb and that baby finds gentle music and my own voice most soothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment