Welcome to our Journey into Parenthood!

We're so excited to share our baby blog with our family and friends! Enjoy as we record and treasure this journey... as we learn and prepare for the life changing, most thrilling, rewarding and emotional experience in our lives...our journey into parenthood. Hugs and Smooches, A & C & Baby Scerbs


May 27, 2010

Glucose Screening

I had my glucose tolerance test done this morning. It was pretty rough for me to fast, I wasn't able to eat anything as of 9PM last night. I had not craved anything in the past week and last night of course I get the cravings for everything! oy!

I was given a fruit punch flavored liquid that contained 50grams of glucose. The stuff tastes like a very sweet soda pop and I had to get all of it down in five minutes. It would have probably not been as bad if it had been chilled or if they had let me pour it over ice. After drinking it, baby went hyper in the belly and kicked for hakf of the day...did I mention his kicks are getting very strong...ouch!

An hour later after reading a bunch of their mags and not passing out from the hunger, the technician took my blood and I still have the ugly purple bruise...Can't wait for those results and hoping it's all good.

The highlight of the day....Hubby and I went and finished our registry! Well, we are pretty sure we'll go back a few more times and add those items we forgot. We are registered at Bambi Baby and Babies R Us! It was pretty exciting selecting items for my lil' guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment