Welcome to our Journey into Parenthood!

We're so excited to share our baby blog with our family and friends! Enjoy as we record and treasure this journey... as we learn and prepare for the life changing, most thrilling, rewarding and emotional experience in our lives...our journey into parenthood. Hugs and Smooches, A & C & Baby Scerbs


June 23, 2010

Mommy to-be Quiz at 29 Weeks!!

• How far along? 29 Weeks!

• Total weight gain/loss: 20 lbs total gain

• Maternity clothes: Will see what happens in the next few weeks and buy as I need.

Stretch marks: None but a very long linea negra...

Sleep: Good but back hurting a lot now.

Best moment this week: My last monthly OB visit went great, baby is getting so big! Now I start going to OB every 2 weeks, yikes! Oh and today furniture arrived!! yay =)

• Movement: Constant now and getting strongerrrrr!

Food cravings: none this week

Gender: Baby Boy!!

Labor signs: None...Thank the lord...not even close...11 more weeks to go for that! I've been experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions though...I know it is nothing to worry about (they are pretty far apart) but they are very ucomfortable.

• Belly button in or out? Popped!

• What I miss: my energy, thanks to 3rd trimester!

• What I am looking forward to: Getting all the essentials we need for baby, furniture is here so I am sure I'll be nesting the rest of the week!

Weekly Wisdom: Take naps or 3rd trimester will kick yiur butt!

• Milestones: 29 Week Mark!! 11 weeks, 80 days, 1920 hours to go!!

What is the baby up to? Baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. ( kicks and jabs to my ribs is what he has going on) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments.
To meet his increasing nutritional demands, I need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, I am drinking lots of milk, enriched orange juice and eating cheese, yogurt (all sources of calcium). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in my baby's hardening skeleton each day. My baby is the size and weight of a squash...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment