Welcome to our Journey into Parenthood!

We're so excited to share our baby blog with our family and friends! Enjoy as we record and treasure this journey... as we learn and prepare for the life changing, most thrilling, rewarding and emotional experience in our lives...our journey into parenthood. Hugs and Smooches, A & C & Baby Scerbs


July 28, 2010

Mommy to be Quiz at 34 Weeks!

How far along? 34 Weeks!

• Total weight gain/loss: 26 lbs total gain so far...next week I'll know if I gained any more.

• Maternity clothes: Bought a cute black dress, that I am sure I'll still be able to wear after baby

Stretch marks: I keep looking for them every day and surprisingly not even one!

• Sleep: Sleep is overrated! Every night I wake up 10 plus times to pee, can't get comfortable, belly is in the way--body pillow no longer serves its purpose , right hand carpal tunnel-- numb and in pain, left hand starting to experience the same and indigestion...

Best moment this week: nursery is coming along beautifully! We got the rocker/recliner this past weekend and I can't wait to use it with baby, it is very comfy.

• Movement: Tons!

• Food cravings: Watermelon

Gender: Baby Boy!!

• Labor signs: None

• Belly button in or out? Outie!

What I miss: Energy

What I am looking forward to: The arrival of baby Scerbo

Weekly Wisdom: Focus on keeping that baby growing, not if your thighs are growing. Not that I want to look/feel like a beach whale but I'm not going to spend my pregnancy obsessing over weight. If I gain I gain.

Milestones: 34 Week Mark!! 6 weeks, 45 days, 1080 hours until delivery!

• What is the baby up to? Baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. I've been a bit nervous about preterm labor, but happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies. Let's just hope baby Scerbs keeps cooking for at least another 3-4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment