Welcome to our Journey into Parenthood!

We're so excited to share our baby blog with our family and friends! Enjoy as we record and treasure this journey... as we learn and prepare for the life changing, most thrilling, rewarding and emotional experience in our lives...our journey into parenthood. Hugs and Smooches, A & C & Baby Scerbs


August 25, 2010

38 Weeks!!

• How far along? 38 Weeks!

• Total weight gain/loss: 29 lbs total gain so far...I wonder how much more could I gain in the next 17 days?

Stretch marks: Nada!

Sleep: Uncomfortable!! Tossing and turning all night, snoring, running out of breath, extremely dry mouth, lips and waking up to pee by the hour...some of the fun things that have taken over my nights =)

• Best moment this week: reaching full term...a milestone

• Movement: Tons of stretching in mommy's belly, baby is kind of wondering why there isn't much room anymore to kick and do his somersaults...lol

• Food cravings: freshly squeezed orange juice, watermelon, spanish food and cheese danish.

• Gender: A little man!

Labor signs: Just the normal stuff... lots of pressure due to baby dropping, charlie horse, cramps, cankles etc...all prepping me for the real labor

Belly button in or out? Outie!

• What I miss: sleep...

What I am looking forward to: The arrival of my little Prince

• Weekly Wisdom: Walking the mall all day will cause a few contractions - and really sore legs/swollen ankles...mean cankles.lol.


*What I'm I thinking? "Please don't let my water break at an inopportune time like in the middle of a client meeting or during my pedicure or at a fancy restaurant ..." lol


Milestones: 38 Week Mark!! 2 weeks, 17 days, 384 hours until delivery!

What is the baby up to? Baby is really plumped up, I am sure he's over 7 pounds now. His organs have matured and are all ready for life outside the womb.

During the next two weeks baby will gain weight, as fat is stored to help maintain body temperature and glucose levels. Baby might still have vernix (creamy coating that protects the skin), but it is mostly confined to skin creases and folds and the back and neck. Baby has a firm grasp reflex now. If a light is shown on my belly, he will now turn towards it. This is called the "orienting response."

No comments:

Post a Comment