Welcome to our Journey into Parenthood!

We're so excited to share our baby blog with our family and friends! Enjoy as we record and treasure this journey... as we learn and prepare for the life changing, most thrilling, rewarding and emotional experience in our lives...our journey into parenthood. Hugs and Smooches, A & C & Baby Scerbs


August 4, 2010

Mommy to be Quiz at 35 Weeks!

• How far along? 35 Weeks!

• Total weight gain/loss: 26 lbs total gain so far...tomorrow I'll know if I gained any more.

• Maternity clothes: this entire week I spent it in maternity shorts...so comfy

Stretch marks: I keep looking for them every day and surprisingly not even one!

Sleep: same as last week...Sleep is overrated! Every night I wake up 10 plus times to pee, can't get comfortable, belly is in the way--body pillow no longer serves its purpose , right hand carpal tunnel-- numb and in pain, left hand starting to experience the same and indigestion...and this past week I started experiencing some pelvic pressure...baby dropped is my guess.


Best moment this week: when the infant car seat arrived...I was like 'holy sh*t we're going to be parents in just a few weeks!' There's going to be a little person going with us everywhere...
Another great moment this week was preparing my hospital bag...all these things make it feel so much more real!
Movement: Tons of stretching in mommy's belly, baby is kind of wondering why there isn't much room anymore to kick and do his somersaults...lol

• Food cravings: COLD Watermelon

Gender: Baby Boy!!

Labor signs: Just the normal stuff...prepping me for the real labor

Belly button in or out? Outie!

What I miss: sleep...

What I am looking forward to: The arrival of  my little Prince

Weekly Wisdom: you can blame pretty much anything on your pregnancy hormones...haha
Milestones: 35 Week Mark!! 5 weeks, 38 days, 912 hours until delivery!
What is the baby up to? So, let's see...baby is anywhere from 17.2 to 18.7 inches long now and weighs anywhere from 5 1/2 to 5.8 pounds (baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now). Because it's so snug in my womb, he isn't able to do his famous somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks have remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight...along with mommy.
He may have dropped into my pelvis getting ready for labor...I sure hope so because I do feel a lot of pressure down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment