Welcome to our Journey into Parenthood!

We're so excited to share our baby blog with our family and friends! Enjoy as we record and treasure this journey... as we learn and prepare for the life changing, most thrilling, rewarding and emotional experience in our lives...our journey into parenthood. Hugs and Smooches, A & C & Baby Scerbs


August 11, 2010

Mommy to be Quiz at 36 weeks!

How far along? 36 Weeks!

Total weight gain/loss: 28 lbs total gain so far...another 4 weeks to gain a little more =).

Maternity clothes: finally with only  4 weeks to go, I caved in and bought maternity jeans...they were on sale so no guilt...I'll probably wear them once a week for the next 4 weeks LOL

Stretch marks: I keep looking for them every day and surprisingly not even one!

Sleep: Uncomfortable!!

Best moment this week: working a bit more on the nursery!

• Movement: Tons of stretching in mommy's belly, baby is kind of wondering why there isn't much room anymore to kick and do his somersaults...lol

Food cravings: Chocolate chip cookies and milk

Gender: A little man!

• Labor signs: Just the normal stuff...prepping me for the real labor

Belly button in or out? Outie!

• What I miss: sleep...

What I am looking forward to: The arrival of my little Prince

Weekly Wisdom: Buy clothes you like the first time around. I held out and didn't buy a few things (maternity jeans) and now I need them...so I had to go out and buy somethings - had I the first time around they would have gotten more use.

Milestones: 36 Week Mark!! 4 weeks, 31 days, 744 hours until delivery!

What is the baby up to? Baby's length should be right about 18.5 inches and he's still packing on the pounds weighing at about 6.15 pounds. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa (the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during this nine-month amniotic bath). Baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, which will form the contents of his first bowel movement.

At the end of this week, my baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Right now he is in a head-down position. Let's hope baby stays in cooking full term!

No comments:

Post a Comment