Welcome to our Journey into Parenthood!

We're so excited to share our baby blog with our family and friends! Enjoy as we record and treasure this journey... as we learn and prepare for the life changing, most thrilling, rewarding and emotional experience in our lives...our journey into parenthood. Hugs and Smooches, A & C & Baby Scerbs


April 7, 2010

Mommy to-be Quiz at 18 Weeks!

• How far along? 18 Weeks! Almost halfway there...

• Total weight gain/loss: gain 5 lbs total in 4 1/2 months

• Maternity clothes: My weakness is shopping and yesterday I couldn't resist a pair of cute maternity shorts.

• Stretch marks: None

• Sleep: Quite uncomfortable as the belly gets bigger...some days I wake up with a sore back. Time to shop for the boppy cuddle pillow!

• Best moment this week: Seeing baby again via u/s yesterday, heartbeat 145bpm and baby was moving all over the place...lots of room to move around = happy baby.

• Movement: Baby is such a wiggly worm!!

• Food cravings: Oranges and big breakfasts.

• Gender: Baby gender scan in 2 weeks!

• Labor signs: Ha! not even close...157 days to go!

• Belly button in or out? Still in but looking a little funky these days..lol

• What I miss: I am so beyond ecstatic with baby I don't think I miss anything

• What I am looking forward to: Baby registry!!

• Weekly Wisdom: When you think you're done peeing... wait a little longer.

• Milestones:  1. 18 Week Mark! 22 weeks, 157 days, 3,768 hours to delivery!
                         2. Choosing agreeing on a name. We definitely want to have set names for both genders and be prepared for gender scan day!                 

• What is the baby up to? My baby has become amazingly mobile, passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby's finally big enough that I am able to feel all the movements. Baby is now about 5.6 inches long and weighs 6.7 ounces! Baby is now starting to produce a protective covering along the nerves, called Myelin. This substance will be produced through the ninth month. By now, my baby's genitals should be distinguishable, and soon I will have the opportunity to view them at my next appointment. Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment