Welcome to our Journey into Parenthood!

We're so excited to share our baby blog with our family and friends! Enjoy as we record and treasure this journey... as we learn and prepare for the life changing, most thrilling, rewarding and emotional experience in our lives...our journey into parenthood. Hugs and Smooches, A & C & Baby Scerbs


April 6, 2010

Today's appointment...

Today's appointment went great. I had to come in with a full bladder, so it was a bit uncomfortable during the wait. I had 3 bottles of water, so my bladder was so full it could have burst. I tell you a portable toilet would've been my best friend.

Baby's legs were crossed but he/she was moving all around...did I ever mention hyper baby? Dr. R said, baby has a lot of room in there so he/she is exploring. I say good as long as he/ she keeps away from mommy's rib cage...lol
Heartbeat was great 145bmp and measurements were good.

Again I was surprised with having to do blood work. I guess it's a first time mom thing thing--you really don't know what to expect next. This time the nurse said she would be gentle and used a butterfly needle--whatever the difference is, if there's even any... it is still a needle and it's not my cup of tea. But again, anything for baby Scerbs.

This bloodwork will test for Spina Bifida = a birth defect that involves the incomplete development of the spinal cord or its coverings. The term comes from Latin and literally means "split" or "open" spine. It occurs at the end of the first month of pregnancy when the two sides of the embryo's spine fail to join together, leaving an open area. In some cases, the spinal cord or other membranes may push through this opening in the back.

Results in 2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment